Lots of places do custom framing, but is it really custom for you? If you visit a true custom framer, it should be all about you. Does your framer ask a lot of questions about the art, the story behind it, what your taste is, what colors you are attracted to?
It’s important! Some of the big box chain stores offer custom framing, but it is only about what they think you should have. And then they sell you no choices. It’s about their ideas and your wallet.
A true custom framer will give you choices. Here at 4 Leaf Framing, we (that’s Mike or Janet) will display different mat colors to see what you like. We’ll take the time to show you different frame options. We have fun with you exploring different options and finding that just right look that is both current and timeless.
Remember, we are a locally owned company, which means you will see the same friendly faces each and every time you stop into our store!
If you are trying to decide between a $25 ready-made frame and a $55 custom frame from 4 Leaf Framing, you may wonder what makes our custom frames worth the extra $30. We’ve got three reasons:
custom frames protect your art better and longer,
custom frames always look better on your wall,
framing with us gives you access to framing experts.
Whether you’re framing a $20 concert poster, a $1,000 limited edition photograph or your priceless wedding photos; that art is a reflection of you, your tastes, and your story. A custom frame is the only way to ensure that your art will be preserved for generations to come, and to ensure that your art lasts a lifetime, 4 Leaf Framing only uses acid-free mats and kraft paper backing, in addition to being able to provide UV/Conversation glass.
Custom frames also look better, and make your art look better, too. Ever purchase an 8×10 plastic ready-made frame for your 8×10 photograph or art, only to find that you’ve got to force it into the frame, creating bubbles and distortions in the image? Not a great look!
When you come to 4 Leaf Framing, we will help you pick the right frame and matting for your art from our over 85 frame choices and over 125 mat color choices. Each custom frame is then hand-assembled in our frame shop specifically for your art, ensuring the perfect fit.
Our turnaround time is typically 2 weeks, but many times projects are completed within a week’s time. No project is ever too big or too small. Stop by 4 Leaf Framing today and let us help you with all your framing needs.
(Framing prices are based on the item brought. The framed print pictured is not reflective of the pricing mentioned in this post.)
With the Philadelphia Flower Show in full swing and today’s 70 degree temperatures, we are once again so happy to see all of the amazing flowers and trees blooming around us. Capturing these beautiful creations with your camera is only the first step. Make sure that you get those images made into prints and let 4 Leaf Framing professionally and AFFORDABLY frame these pieces of art for you to enjoy in your home, office, or as a gift.
Did you know that 4 Leaf Framing is a locally owned and operated small business? That’s right! Our store is owned, operated and managed by people who live right here in Chester County. That means you will see the same friendly faces each and every time you stop into our store. It also means that we care (a lot!) about our local community and we want to make it a great place to live and work.
We can make your home a beautifully decorated place to live…and we can also make your community a great place to live – all with your help. Buying local does not mean spending more and custom framing does not have to be expensive! Stop into our store anytime to say hi. We’d love to see you.
It’s one of the first questions we will ask a customer when choosing a frame design – “What style is your home?” It’s amazing how many people don’t know the answer. I hear a lot of “I’ll know it when I see it.” Your style is reflected in most everything that you choose for yourself: items for your home, clothing, accessories, food, restaurants, stores where you prefer to shop. It’s time to put that style into words.
Below are several images of picture frames, all very different styles. Pick which frames you like best and see if the description of that style suits you. This is a fun little quiz that just may give you a name to your style!
1. Ornate – Were you the first of your friends to start using the term “bling”? Do you scoff at the phrase “less is more”? This frame is heavily ornamented with a deep silver finish. It’s like sending your artwork into Tiffany’s with a charge card.
2. Bold – Can you be found thumbing through the latest “Vogue” and diving into the latest trends with the fearlessness of a model walking in 10 inch platform stilettos? Consider yourself bold! This black “leather” frame is perfect for you!
3. Mountain Cabin – This frame shows off the amazing grain of the wood itself. It is a favorite with people who appreciate the natural beauty of wood. Watch out for that cougar!
4. Renaissance – Do you own a pointy princess hat? Or a dragon collection? This heavily ornamented frame is carved as beautifully as the wooden door on a castle in the forest with the feel that was hand finished in Italy by Italian artisans and hardworking fairies.
5. Rustic – Do you like the idea of ripping slats off of a barn and using them to decorate your home? Do you use the terms “upcycling” and “repurposing”? This frame literally gives me slivers when I work with it. It’s a raw as you can get.
6. Romantic – Ok be honest, how many romantic comedy DVDs do you own? You know they’re all the same story, right? Ok, ok, I won’t argue! You romantics never give up. This beautiful frame is perfect for falling in love.
7. Contemporary – Does it seems like inanimate objects are yelling at you with all of their ornamentation? This frame is quiet, sleek and refined like a fine piece of modern art. For art that wants to be noticed and silently framed in simplicity and grace.
8. Traditional – Have you eaten the same breakfast every day since you can remember? Always stick with something that’s tried and true. Traditional framing has framed art for hundreds of years beautifully, and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon (don’t worry!).
Did you find your style? Or maybe some new styles you’d like to try? Whatever your style is – give it a name so that the next time someone asks you’ll know just the answer. And know, that whatever your style, 4 Leaf Framing has the the right framing solution for you at affordable prices. Stop by and see us today.
It is sad to even think about losing a pet, but what better way to honor your beloved family member than a custom framed shadowbox?
Pets become loved members of a family and their passing often leave owners with a heavy heart. Honor them with a special memorial frame or shadowbox in remembrance of the joy they brought into your life.
Art comes in many shapes and forms, but all art deserves to be displayed. This piece is a beautiful ceramic of a church. The owners love this piece, but were always leery about displaying it, never finding a proper way to display the piece without fear of it getting knocked over. 4 Leaf Framing was able to create a custom frame and , using a high quality, extra strong adhesive, mounted the ceramic piece within the frame. This piece now can be proudly and safely displayed in their home.
Just a little change, an update to a frame and a properly fitting frame for an item makes a world of difference. Recently a customer brought in this beautiful piece of Japanese characters. It was framed in a store-bought flimsy frame with a plastic covering and just laid on top of the black paper that was originally in the frame. The customer still wanted a simple black frame, but wanted the piece framed better. By simply using the beautiful paper around the piece and framing to it, this piece now truly stands out and the focus is on the beautiful characters, not the excess of black space. Our customer was so pleased with how this piece turned out and was shocked that this custom frame cost only a few dollars more that the original frame had cost. Custom framing does not have to be expensive…at least not at 4 Leaf Framing!
A customer recently came in with this authentic Confederate Loan from 1868. This is a piece of American History that was discovered in the back of a closet! 4 Leaf Framing took this very delicate paper and was able to make a custom frame to highlight this hidden treasure that any history enthusiast would love to add to their collection. Now, instead of hiding in a closet, unprotected from the elements, this piece of history is protected and will be proudly displayed.
A long standing tradition in the Philly area is the Mummers Parade which takes place on New Years Day. Awards and prizes are given to groups that participate in the Parade. A customer recently brought in some candid photos and a prize ribbon from the parade for her group. 4 Leaf Framing laid out the photos and ribbon and added a custom plate to make this piece of tradition a memory that she will proudly hang in her home office.